Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Summer White #2


Like last week, I ventured into the Trader Joes down the street from my humble abode in search of a summer white wine priced to kill.

This time my eyes settled in on a 2007 Vouvray by LeChetau that checked in at $5.99 made from 100% Chenin Blanc. Being a fan of the varietal I was hoping to find a good value and I was not disappointed.

The wine basically kicks ass at this price point. Beautiful light and golden color. Aromatic nose suggesting summer melons and peaches. Wonderful off dry palate and finish, peppered with tropical fruits of unknown origin. Low alcohol makes the final product taste something like high end Welches white grape juice with peaches, cantaloupes and other fruit extracts added to it. The wine made a fantastic complement to the spicy Indian chickpeas I served it with.

This the type of summer value I'm looking for right now. In comparison to last week's choice, this is a superior product by leaps and bounds. You will not be dissapointed by this wine. Highly recommend. 9/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment